[Wikipedia-l] A Solution to Larry Sanger's Criticisms - Project Has Been Around For A While

Andre Engels andreengels at gmail.com
Wed Jan 5 09:28:09 UTC 2005

This seems to be exactly the problem Larry Sanger talks about - We
don't care whether somebody is a renowned expert on a subject or has
just read a few lines related to a subject in the past. If they can
write it down, we consider them equal.

A second fallacy I see in this message is that it equates factual
correctness with credibility. There's more than just factual
correctness to make a good article, there is also balance. Getting
experts is not what helps here (although it helps a bit, because they
are supposed to know about the subject, and thus notice missing
portions), but we should recognize the problem as being one.

Andre Engels