[Wikipedia-l] A Solution to Larry Sanger's Criticisms - Project Has Been Around For A While

Shaun MacPherson shaun_macpherson2001 at yahoo.ca
Wed Jan 5 02:48:04 UTC 2005

 --- NSK <nsk2 at wikinerds.org> wrote:
> On Tuesday 04 January 2005 17:55, Traroth wrote:
> > Does your proposition mean that only experts will
> be
> > authorized to contribute ? That's a major change
> in
> > the Wikipedia spirit, and I desagree totally.
>
> Non-experts contribute text, provided they give
> their full legal name and
> contact details. Experts contribute text and check
> the non-experts'
> contributions.

Sounds like an interesting idea, but why do we need
'experts' for?  Anyone can fact and reference check,
and after facts have been verified with multiple
sources they are then as 'credible' as credible can be
in my thinking.

It is time to apply the Wiki philosophy to not just
providing the content, but to verifying it with
reference checks from multiple sources.  It worked for
content, I am sure it will work for verification if
the community are given the tools (tools such as
intelligent foot/end notes, autonumbering of
citations, etc.).

ShaunMacPherson