[Wikipedia-l] Creative Commons Licence

Guillaume Blanchard gblanchard at arcsy.co.jp
Tue Mar 9 09:48:29 UTC 2004

(I read all your post about this subject, but I'm not sure to have
understood all)

Derivations are allowed on fair used image?

If the answer is "derivation is allowed as long as the derivation still
fairs", I don't think it is a real freedom.

I don't want a freedom which could depend on the way in which an American
court of justice could interpret the fairness of my work.

Fair use don't exist in many country, I really think it's a worse choice
that CC-ND.

Furthermore, we can't use a high resolution picture as Fair use, isn't it?
We may not have this kind of constraint with CC-ND.

In all case, GFDL must be privileged, but CC-ND may allow us to get legally
some pictures that may never being released under GFDL (logo, celebrity,
etc.).

Aoineko