[Wikipedia-l] Re: zh.wikipedia.org - having a single unified portal

Delirium delirium at hackish.org
Thu Jun 24 18:43:10 UTC 2004

Ting Chen wrote:

>Can you give me some links where I can begin with wiki programming? (I am a
>quite skilled Java and C/C++ programmer and I can work with Linux. But I
>need some startpoint. Thanks.)

The MediaWiki software that runs Wikimedia projects has a site at
http://wikipedia.sourceforge.net/, with source code for download.  It's
written in PHP, which probably shouldn't be too hard to learn since
you're already skilled in other programming languages.  I'm not sure how
good the documentation is, but you can subscribe to the wikitech-l
mailing list and ask there if you have any questions.

-Mark