[Wikipedia-l] Re: zh.wikipedia.org - having a single unified portal

Ting Chen Wing.Philopp at gmx.de
Thu Jun 24 09:16:36 UTC 2004

Hello Timwi and Andre,

Timwi: about the question: Unambiguity traditional -> simplified, as far as
I know this is to be sure. This was also the way, how they introduced
simplified characters in the 1960s. But, as you know a language is a living
thing and as a living thing it breaks out from the rules one tried to set
for it. So, I am not 100% sure that there would be some new development (for
example in slams) where exceptions developped.

Andre: surely we can let the character remain simplified and let the user to
correct it. Perhaps the program can even learn while the user is doing such
corrections. As far as I know, the ambiguity is not so often. Naturally
there could be articles where there are more ambiguity because a character
is very often used in that special article, but I reckon it would be in
average less the 1 in an article.

Can you give me some links where I can begin with wiki programming? (I am a
quite skilled Java and C/C++ programmer and I can work with Linux. But I
need some startpoint. Thanks.)

Greetings.
Ting.

--
+++ Jetzt WLAN-Router für alle DSL-Einsteiger und Wechsler +++
GMX DSL-Powertarife zudem 3 Monate gratis* http://www.gmx.net/dsl