[Wikipedia-l] zh-tw.wikipedia.org

Ian Mackinnon ianm2000uk at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 18 10:48:29 UTC 2004

I don't know how to reply to the list thread but I really like Mark's idea
about splitting zh.wikipedia.org into zh-cn.wikipedia.org and
zh-tw.wikipedia.org. This would really solve the problem of navigation
conflicts. I wasn't suggesting this for political reasons but for practical
reasons since the writing scripts conflict with each other.

Whoever is able to split the portal into 2 categories, please do so.

Thanks!
- Ian

-----
Mark's comment:
Interlanguage links are already done with [[zh-tw:]] and [[zh-cn:]], so
perhaps we could simply split zh.wikipedia.org into zh-cn.wikipedia.org
and zh-tw.wikipedia.org, with zh.wikipedia.org being a disambiguating
portal?  Of course, this is more up to Chinese-speakers than it is to
myself; just a suggestion that would be consistent with our current
usage.  Having separate interlanguage links going to one encyclopedia
that is effectively written in a mixture of two writing systems that are
often not mutually intelligible is more than a little bit odd.

-Mark