[Wikipedia-l] fundraising page - shouldn't we note what we are aiming for?

Marco Krohn marco.krohn at web.de
Wed Jul 28 17:33:58 UTC 2004

Hi,

I am currently reading the interview with Jimmy
(http://interviews.slashdot.org/interviews/04/07/28/1351230.shtml?tid=146&tid=95&tid=11)
and his nice answers. In particular

"One of the reasons I was excited to be asked by Roblimo to do this interview
is that the slashdot community in particular has been so generous to us in
the past."

is nice and shortly after that follows the "donate money" and "what we use the
money for" links. Following the first link I would like to suggest changing
two things:

* there still is a link to Brion Vibbers notebook fund at the very end of the
page. Don't get me wrong, Brion deserves a lot more money than he probably
gets through donations, but linking to a page which seems to be outdated
doesn't look good to me.

* the fundraising page doesn't contain information how much money we are
aiming for. A potential donator would just see that we have ~20 K$ on our
account and many probably will think "well, they probably have enough money".

Sure, there is some information on the meta page
([[m:What_we_use_the_money_for]]), but the page takes ~10 sec to load, there
is a lot of text and the information what we are aiming for is at the end of
the text.

IMHO it would make sense to add next to the current numbers that we are aiming
for 50 K$ - 100 K$ money which we would like to spend on hardware this year.

best regards,
  Marco