[Wikipedia-l] Screenshots wanted!

Jakob Voss gmane-user at nichtich.de
Tue Jul 27 13:25:53 UTC 2004

Hi,

For our proposal for the GALILIEO MASTERS competition (see
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/GALILEO_Masters_2004 ) wee need some
convincing images. I doubt the jury is familiar with Wikipedia and the
Wiki concept and a good images is always better than tons of text.

Any Idea? I thought of a photo of a subnotebook or PDA showing a
Wikimedia interface and geographical information. Surely you have to
pretend a screenshot of a system we do not already have - it's a
proposal. Maybe two or three images in one are better than a single
screenshot. First somebody with a GPS device is looking for information.
Then he gets a list of articles "You are near ... read the Wikipedia
article" "You are within ..." and buttons like "increase radius", "limit
to categories ..." and/or a small map of the world or a part of it. Then
another screenshot shows how he can directly edit the article. This is
needed for the "Wow! everybody can add information!"-feeling (the Wiki
concept is only familiar to us)!.

We need some cool images untill friday. The creator of the best image
will win a lot of fame ;-)

Greetings,
   Jakob