[Wikipedia-l] A WikiJamSession Fantasy

Stan Shebs shebs at apple.com
Fri Jul 23 18:24:30 UTC 2004

Universities tend to be a little more standoffish about this sort of
thing; faculty and students are focused on their studies, and the
unwashed masses of the general public 1/2 :-) are an unwelcome
distraction.

I'd think public libraries would be more enthusiastic, WP being more
in line with their mission. But somebody will likely have to know
somebody, either in the library administration, or alternatively, at
the local newspaper, heh-heh, who might like this kind of an oddball
story ("Amateur scholars take on Britannica at the local branch"), and
could help grease the skids with the librarians, for whom the extra
trouble is worth a mention in the paper.

Another way to do it is a la Critical Mass - everybody just show
up and overrun the library. That will get some publicity too. :-)

Stan