[Wikipedia-l] A WikiJamSession Fantasy

Angela_ beesley at gmail.com
Fri Jul 23 18:04:47 UTC 2004

I love the idea of having a weekend where people get together to
finalize the articles for a print edition. I sent off a few emails to
libraries in Birmingham (Birmingham being a more central location than
London, and considerably cheaper) just to get an idea of whether it
would be possible and the only response I've had so far was not
positive. The email below was from the University of Birmingham.
Perhaps finding libraries that have large rooms available that we
could use during normal library opening hours would be better than
hoping to have whole libraries to ourselves?

> On enquiry to a more senior member of staff the reply is that we would
> not be able to provide the facilities for this. This building is open
> all days except Sundays and our computing facilities are restricted for
> use by members of the University of Birmingham. If we were to open the
> building for you we would need to employ both security and IT staff to
> support you and this would be very difficult. Please check the
> University home page wwww.bham.ac.uk for details of conference
> facilities if this could be of help.

Angela.