[Wikipedia-l] Wikiquote now has subdomains

Tim Starling ts4294967296 at hotmail.com
Sat Jul 17 10:55:50 UTC 2004

Wikiquote now has specific-language subdomains. Instead of creating
wikis for all 150 languages, I made a system where wikis are only
created when they're wanted. To save time during maintenance operations,
it should now be possible to delete unused Wiktionaries and even
Wikipedias until they are required.

Similar conversion of Wikibooks should be a fairly simple thing, I'm now
just waiting for community approval. We can't put subdomains under
wikisource.org because the domain name doesn't point to the right place.
It's owned by Mav and points to a redirect server, redirecting to
quote.wikipedia.org.

-- Tim Starling