[Wikipedia-l] What would Richard Stallman say?

Optim optim81 at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Feb 21 10:08:38 UTC 2004

Wikimedia Foundation can have two versions of the
English Wikipedia: One with fair use and one
without.

I am sure if we ban fair use material in
Wikipedia, someone will start a fork. Let's
prevent that by "forking" our current
encyclopedia first under control of Wikimedia
Foundation, and then we ban all fair use images
from the original Wikipedia.

In this way, those who like viewing fair use
images will be able to work on the "Fair Use
English Wikipedia" version.

--Optim