[Wikipedia-l] image copyright

Daniel Mayer maveric149 at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 21 08:17:48 UTC 2004

Anthony DiPierro wrote:
>Well, I've got the page histories imported (not the
>actual text, but the author "names" and dates).

Thank you. :)  OK - here it goes. I am sorry I depicted your actions before as
trolling.

>As for the  ===References=== section, that's
>somewhat temporary.  Right now I only link to Wikipedia
>in general rather than the original article.

IMO direct links to each article would be overkill - you already have the
author info and the diffs. The link to wikipedia.org takes care of the
disclaimer. And the mention of Wikipedia is appreciated.

>I still haven't figured out mediawiki enough to get it
>the way I want it through that, and I haven't gotten to
>writing a perl script to go through the whole db yet.

Which reminds me - it would be great to have a command like {{pagename}} output
the page name of the MediaWiki page it is on. Then linking to every Wikipedia
article directly would be super easy for you (if you still want to do that) so
long as {{pagename}} replaced spaces with underscores. This would also be very
useful for MediaWiki messages (such as the copyright infringement notice).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/{{pagename}} is all you would need to have on
every page.

-- mav