[Wikipedia-l] Alexa say - Wikipedia.org now gets more traffic than Slashdot.org

Daniel Mayer maveric149 at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 2 13:04:58 UTC 2004

Three month Wikipedia.org traffic rank average: 868 (trend up)
Three month Slashdot.org traffic rank average: 897 (trend down)

http://www.alexa.com/data/details/traffic_details?&range=1y&size=large&compare_sites=Slashdot.org&url=wikipedia.org#graph

This still isn't stable on a weekly basis (that is why the graph shows us so
close still).

However we probably passed them up a while ago given that the Alexa toolbar is
only available in English and well over half our articles are not in English.
Look at the very "low" amount of relative traffic we "get" from our de and fr
subdomains. That is obviously wrong.

But then I imagine a disproportionately large percentage of Slashdot readers
are likely not to install the toolbar either....

All fun and games really since we know their rank and our rank are wrong.

-- Daniel Mayer (aka mav)