[Wikipedia-l] Re: [WikiEN-l] NPOV disputes inPolish-German articles

Adam Bishop grenfell_ at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 30 03:25:14 UTC 2003

Constantinople was officially the name of the city far past the Byzantine
period, I think...the Ottomans always called it that, and according to the
Istanbul article it was not officially changed to that name until March 28,
1930 (and interesting, Istanbul comes from Greek "stan poli", not Turkish).

(I know that's not really the point, but I thought I might clear up this
particular example :))