[Wikipedia-l] Server status

Brion Vibber brion at pobox.com
Tue Oct 14 12:00:26 UTC 2003

(I'm not sure my previous message made it through at the right time, so
here's again with some updates:)

All wikis should be up and running, as [now!] should the mailing lists.

Jason unfortunately had some trouble getting the database server to
power up with the new motherboard installed, and it's late (after 3:30
am) so he's going to try again tomorrow. In the meantime, we're at
least running on two servers again. Yay!

To add insult to injury, our new backup mailserver in Germany suffered
some sort of network outage just in time not to be able to pick up any
mail while pliny was offline. :P

A portion of incoming traffic* to www.wikipedia.org will be redirected
to en2.wikipedia.org, which is running on pliny, while logins and stuff
should go to en.wikipedia.org, on larousse. Cleaner, transparent load
balancing will be set up in the future when the server configuration is
a little more stable.

*chopped up by first letter of article name

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)