[Wikipedia-l] Re: AstroWikipedia

Alex R. alex756 at nyc.rr.com
Mon Oct 13 00:43:01 UTC 2003

From: "Jimmy Wales" <jwales at bomis.com>

> This is probably something that Alex can comment on helpfully.
>
> We probably do need to setup a wiki-legal.  In any event, althugh
> Daniel posted this on wikien-l, I'm moving it to Wikipedia-l.
>
> Daniel Ehrenberg wrote:
>
> > I just found AstroWikipedia, a small polish-language
> > wiki of astrology using PhpWiki at astrowikipedia.com.
> > It seems that they created the name independently of
> > us. Should we do anything? It would be bad to force
> > them to change their name, but should we at least get
> > them to say they're not connected with Wikipedia?
> > LDan

Would be good to get some more information. Did they
come up with the name independently? I don't know much
Polish, but they appear to be a new site. If they didn't know
about Wikipedia (or the Polish Wikipedia) perhaps someone
from pl.wikipedia.org should try and contact them and
find out more information before deciding what to do. The
information:  Why did they chose that name? Do they know
there is a Polish language Wikipedia?  When did they
start using the name?

Once we know the answers to those questions perhaps
we can make an informed decision about what to do.

Alex756