[Wikipedia-l] Logo consensus?

wikipedia-l at gl00on.net wikipedia-l at gl00on.net
Thu Oct 9 17:58:21 UTC 2003

> There seems to be a strong consensus developing on [[m:Final logo
> variants]] for this logo variant of the winning logo:
>
> http://meta.wikipedia.org/upload/7/7a/Nohat-wiki-logo.png
>
> So far only one person has said that it is worse than the current (new)
> logo while 19 have said that it is better. What do you say, should we try
> the consensus approach for a change and just replace the logo until
> someone objects very strongly and annoyingly? Then we can start refining
> this one some more.

Hard to say whether that's nicer or worse than the current one. In either
case, I think there should definitely be another round of voting; everything
else would just generate the impression that we first hold a multi-round
public vote and then ignore the results.

--
 7:57PM  up 50 days,  4:19, 2 users, load averages: 0.13, 0.17, 0.16

Every non-empty totally disconnected perfect compact metric space is
homeomorphic to the Cantor set.