[Wikipedia-l] Donation header

Daniel Mayer maveric149 at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 7 03:14:33 UTC 2003

Erik wrote:
>Mav, if you become treasurer (you have my vote),

Er, thanks. But I would like to reiterate that I don't want any special
Wikimedia office. However, I do understand that certain things simply need to
get done, so if nobody else who is qualified, motivated and trustworthy wants
it, then I'll be the treasurer (which is a very important, yet not very
sought after, officer postion).

>and you keep a time based record of all donations
>I might add a chart to the stats pages.

That would be neat, but just make sure it is clear that the money is for the
Wikimedia Foundation and not just for Wikipedia. It might also be neat to
think of ways to make your stats script Wikimedia wide, without confusing the
distinction between articles, entries, quote pages, and modules (not to
mention project-specific counts).

>It might serve as an extra reminder that donations
>are welcomed.

Every bit helps!

BTW, in the next update of the wonderful stats script you wrote, could you
change each use of "Phase III" to "MediaWiki" and maybe provide a link to
http://mediawiki.org ?

-- Daniel Mayer (aka mav)