[Wikipedia-l] Interstate charitable solicitations

Jimmy Wales jwales at bomis.com
Mon Oct 6 19:23:52 UTC 2003

http://www.charitychannel.com/forums/cyb-acc/resources/monaghan.html

Perhaps a bit old, since it's from 1996, but I found this overview
helpful.

We of course want to do everything right, but as a practical matter I
doubt we're the sort of entity that any aggressive attorney general
would want to pursue.  Likely they will have their hands full dealing
with new-formed 'charities' which are attempting to make use of the
'charity' loophole in the do-not-call anti-telemarketing law.  Or they
go after those pseudo-charities who pretend to represent the police or
whatever.

But, as I say, of course we want to do everything the right way.