[Wikipedia-l] Proposed solution to deletion dilemma

Brion VIBBER brion at pobox.com
Fri Sep 27 06:40:24 UTC 2002

Daniel Mayer wrote:
> On Thursday 26 September 2002 06:21 pm, I wrote:
>>Andre Engels wrote:
>>> Alternatively - since the old versions appear to be saved at the system
>>> anyway, what about creating a 'restore' function on the Deletion log?
>>
>>If I go do that right now, will everyone SHUT THE FARDELS UP? :)
>
> Would it be possible to simply view what was contained in the page without
> restoring it?

I already explained how to do that via an SQL query*, but yes, that will
be possible in the interface too. I'll try to have it ready and online
sometime tonightish.

*For those who have just joined the class, see:
http://www.nupedia.com/pipermail/wikipedia-l/2002-September/005359.html

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)