[Wikipedia-l] Children's Wikipedia

The Cunctator cunctator at kband.com
Mon Sep 23 15:00:27 UTC 2002

On 9/23/02 10:51 AM, "Florian Konnertz" <florian.konnertz at web.de> wrote:
> I'd appreciate your further comments and ideas about a kid's wiki/
> -pedia. I would like to contribute to such a project!

I suspect the issues involved in creating a quality kid's wikipedia fall too
far outside of the thrust of Wikipedia.org. However, Wikipedia's code and
content is free for copying and reuse; that is, anyone who has a clear
vision on how to run such a website may.

I also suspect that if someone were willing and able to dedicate the effort
to organizing such a project that Jimbo would be happy to donate the space
on the wikipedia.org server for that.

But other than the (not inconsiderable) costs of starting the project up,
there's nothing stopping you from putting up a website with just the
Wikipedia articles that you think appropriate to a kid's editable
encyclopedia.