[Wikipedia-l] Moderation

Poor, Edmund W Edmund.W.Poor at abc.com
Wed Dec 11 21:38:56 UTC 2002

My suggestion is actually that neither people nor posts be moderated. If everyone will be "good" and seek slack (whatever the heck that is), then no posts need be filtered at all.

My proposal is only to use the "naughty" category as a temporary measure, to cool off someone who's flagrantly violating the rules. Like a one-hour, three-hour or one-day suspension of "good" status.

I wager that no more than 2 or 3 people would ever get placed in such status at a time. Even then, if even one member of the Moderator Team approved a post from a "person in limbo", it would go through to the list.

If you were suggesting that ALL POSTS be checked first, then count me out. That would be too much work for me. If nominated, I *might* serve, but I'm liable to just set the "pass all posts" flag and not actually read each one first.

I think we should only filter posts from scofflaws, not from everyone.

I hope I've made my position clear -- if not persuasive.

Ed Poor