[Wikipedia-l] confession of a science believing man

Lars Aronsson lars at aronsson.se
Sat Nov 24 02:27:43 UTC 2001

Kurt Jansson schrieb:
> possibility. But maybe that's a just lack of my democratic, pluralistic
> engagement and an excess of my scientific believing emotions. (BTW: is
> parascience a science?)

I remember when we first wrote the presentation of Guglielmo Marconi
(http://www.wikipedia.com/wiki/Guglielmo_Marconi) and I stated that he
was the inventor of radio.  Uh-uh.  Someone else (LDC?) was very eager
to point out that this was only a myth with no truth at all, and that
everybody else in the universe had invented radio before Marconi (ok,
so I might exaggerate just a bit to make my point).  After a long
discussion we wrote that for various reasons, Marconi "is often
credited as the 'father of radio'."  We could all agree on this.

So, the final text in Wikipedia is not just the correct truth, but
also the result of a negotiation process between conflicting minds.
It's an evolution - only the fittest texts will survive.  :-)

--
  Lars Aronsson (lars at aronsson.se)
  Aronsson Datateknik