[Wikipedia-l] Proposal for a "#PARENT" command

Jimmy Wales jwales at bomis.com
Thu Nov 8 19:00:03 UTC 2001

Barring major objections, I think this is *exactly right*.  I think
this might be a way to achieve the consensus I was talking about.  It
gives the "automatic linkback" capability that we like about subpages,
but (respecting what LDC said yesterday, which made sense to me), it
makes it more flexible and allows humans to determine the conceptual
relationships.

All the #PARENT command would *really* need to do would be to make the
automatic linkback.  There could be multiple parents.  The parents
don't need to know about their children, unless we do it.

I like it.