[Wikipedia-l] Admins (I suspect LMS) permanently deleting things without reason

Jimmy Wales jwales at bomis.com
Sun Nov 4 20:45:24 UTC 2001

Tim Chambers wrote:
> Jimbo, I'd especially appreciate hearing from you whether Bomis is
> willing to host a meta-wiki where page content can diverge from the
> Wikipedia objective.

Absolutely!

I'm investigating the page deletion "allegations" (are they
allegations, or just the usual argumentative give and take?).

Some of the issues here are complicated and will not admit of any
really easy answers.  If someone starts using the main wikipedia
namespace for stuff that doesn't really belong there, we need to move
it out.  By "we" I mean all of us.  But the problem is that we won't
always all agree.

"rough consensus and running code"...