[Wikipedia-l] Admins (I suspect LMS) permanently deleting things without reason

Simon Kissane sj_kissane at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 4 07:56:59 UTC 2001

Persons have recently taken to deleting pages totally
(i.e. with the admin delete command) without any
justification or even prior discussion as to why they
are doing this. Pages that were deleted include
[[Reasons for deleting page titles]], [[Wikipedia
vandalism]], [[Vandalism/Talk]], TheCunctator's
subpage of [[Wikipedia commentary]] listing pages that
were deleted (unfortuantely I can't remember what its
title was), and I don't know what else.

Unfortunately, when someone uses the admin delete
command no public record is kept of what they deleted,
so I don't know who did it. But I strongly suspect
LMS. He insists he did not delete [[Reasons for
deleting page titles]], and I'll have to give him the
benefit of the doubt on that one. However, he said on
[[Reasons for deleting page titles]] (a statement he
later deleted from that page) that "I have indeed
deleted several other pages though" and that he didn't
know who had deleted that page. Why did he make these
statements and then retract them? Did he mistakenly
think he had deleted several other pages, or is he
just unwilling to admit what he had done? And why did
he delete the statement that he didn't know who did?
Was it that he discovered who did it, but isn't
willing to say so?

I have tried to raise this issue with him on
Wikipedia, but beyond "I did not delete this page", he
has had nothing more to say. I tried to raise the
issue with him on [[Larry Sanger]], but all he did was
delete my comment. When one is accused of deleting
things without justification, deleting the accusation
only lends credence to it.

Simon J Kissane