[Wikimania-l] On the website and translation

Aphaia aphaia at gmail.com
Thu Apr 13 11:33:13 UTC 2006

Hello all,
thanks to many editors, Wikimania 2006 website is steadily being
multilingualized. I'd like to mention to Dutch, Polish and Chinese
teams, who have been recently working vigorously.

Any other languages'  translators, specially French, Japanese and
Spanish editors are also invited to join. Though the majority of us
translators for Wiikimania have been working on meta traditionally, as
a conclusion of coordinators' discussion, under the current situation
all editors are strongly invited to work on _Wikimania 2006 Website_.

http://wikimania2006.wikimedia.org

The main reasons of recommendation on the above are these:
1) the website has already been launched and many people visit seeking
for information
2) we could avoid work duplication and thus confusion to centralize
our workplace.
3) many pages concerning with our interest on meta  are almost done,
even if refinement is always welcome.

Meta is a good place to work though, we needn't keep materials already
translated there for eternity.

A personal information; my net accessibility will be down till April
23 or 24 (UTC). Some other translation coordinators will be available
on the mailinglist or #wikimania, so if you are in need, please don't
hesitate to talk with them.

Love,
--
Aphaea@*.wikipedia.org