[WikiEN-l] I've Kicked the Process Habit

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Tue Sep 19 14:58:59 UTC 2006

> If he continues to use them we have an admin acting not as a janitor
> but as part of the executive. Users have can have no real idea how he
> well use those powers. Thus he will be disruptive. He's already
> deleted a load of stuff without giving a reason we could probably do
> without that happening again.

What load of stuff was this? With full references, you're making an
accusation here that you consider serious enough to warrant
desysopping - don't just say "I alluded to it in passing somewhere up
there."

> Process has a tendency to exist for a reason.

Yes, usually an ad-hoc one. That it hangs around well past then and is
applied in situations it shouldn't be is a problem with that process
and with process in general.

>If an admin is not
> prepared to find out what that reason is then they should not be
> ignoring the process because they are very likely to make mistakes.
> Wikipedia is not anarchy. and admin who isn't going to bother with
> process is out of control of pretty much everyone. An admin who is out
> of control is a problem.

Whose control are you or I in?

- d.