[WikiEN-l] Would you like one of your videos posted on Wikipedia?

[User:Unforgettableid] unforgettableid at gmail.com
Tue Sep 19 12:52:51 UTC 2006

On 9/19/06, Sean Barrett <sean at epoptic.com> wrote:
> Ben McIlwain stated for the record:

> > Who are you to say that we won't edit the video?  Maybe you won't, but
> > maybe someone else will, in a way that makes it more useful, and then
> > link that on Wikipedia.  That's the point of viral licensing and
> > ShareAlikes.  I'm afraid "you're not allowed to edit it" is a deal-breaker.
>
> Emphatic agreement with Ben. The video ''will'' be edited -- I
> personally guarantee it.  Please ensure that Forbidden Places
> <postmaster at forbidden-places.be> knows that I have said so, and that you
> have no authority to revoke parts of the GFDL.

Hi Sylvain,

I was incorrect about editing. The video will be edited.

I believe that if the video is edited, the person doing the editing
must label it as a "derivative work" of your video and provide full
credit when they publish the edited work. I do not know the full set
of rules for the licenses; those are available at
www.creativecommons.org for the Creative Commons
Attribution-ShareAlike License and www.gnu.org for the GNU Free
Documentation License.

Is this a problem?