[WikiEN-l] 100, 000 FAs as an achievable goal with a plan (was Contest and quality)

Kirill Lokshin kirill.lokshin at gmail.com
Wed Sep 13 01:59:05 UTC 2006

On 9/12/06, Carl Peterson <carlopeterson at gmail.com> wrote:
> What would be ideal is if we could establish a content-area (i.e.,
> WikiProject) peer review as a prerequisite for the purposes of content (esp.
> for technical articles)

Not too difficult to set up, in theory.  WikiProject-run peer reviews
(in the Wikipedia "get advice for an article" sense, not the academic
sense) are becoming more common (see
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:WikiProject_peer_reviews); and
more FAC-like evaluation (rather than suggestion) methods are also
being attempted (e.g.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:WikiProject_Military_history/Assessment#Requests_for_A-Class_status).

> ... then have it go to a "Brilliant Prose Committee" of
> qualified persons (e.g., people with actual degrees or a lot of experience)
> to evaluate the writing style, the readibility, the grammar, etc.

Presumably the nominator would still have the primary responsibility
of fixing the article to meet the criticism of the committee, rather
than actually having the committee be rewriting the thing?

But this hasn't a snowball's chance in hell of getting wide support,
obviously, if only because of the ensuing bloodbath over who would be
on the committee. ;-)

--
Kirill Lokshin