[WikiEN-l] 100, 000 FAs as an achievable goal with a plan (was Contest and quality)

Carl Peterson carlopeterson at gmail.com
Wed Sep 13 01:52:22 UTC 2006

What would be ideal is if we could establish a content-area (i.e.,
WikiProject) peer review as a prerequisite for the purposes of content (esp.
for technical articles) then have it go to a "Brilliant Prose Committee" of
qualified persons (e.g., people with actual degrees or a lot of experience)
to evaluate the writing style, the readibility, the grammar, etc. But that
borders on instruction creep and would be strongly opposed as it creates an
elite class distinction and would knock out all the lovely people who derive
meaning in life from firing torpedoes at FACs.

Carl