[WikiEN-l] Handling unreferenced but likely-valid material

charles.r.matthews at ntlworld.com charles.r.matthews at ntlworld.com
Thu Nov 30 08:21:10 UTC 2006

Bryan Derksen wrote
> If there were some way to make it easy to cull out
"more finished" stuff from the "less finished" stuff there might be less
pressure to delete work in progress in order to make Wikipedia as a
whole "more finished".

My post, to which this replied, was actually trying to point out something about our metaphorical take, also.

I think our quality control talk usually does go along these lines: skim off or cull the layer of worst articles; cream off the best and call them Featured, or whatever.

What's wrong with that? Nothing in there about hypertext. It's still per article, not speaking to navigation, orphanhood, incoming links as a metric and so on. Imagine a recently-created but much-needed stub article. One would hope the incoming links were noted before it was speedied for lack of sources.

Charles

Email sent from www.ntlworld.com
Virus-checked using McAfee(R) Software