[WikiEN-l] "Reliable sources" guideline being treated as absolute policy

Steve Bennett stevagewp at gmail.com
Thu Nov 30 03:54:50 UTC 2006

On 11/30/06, Bryan Derksen <bryan.derksen at shaw.ca> wrote:
> This article would be completely unreferenced, but nevertheless it
> asserts the subject's notability just fine. It is therefore not
> speedyable. If you're considering whether to speedy-delete something on
> the basis of whether it contains an assertion of notability why not
> simply look for whether there's an _assertion of notability_? It should
> be easy to spot.

Yes, I don't get why people seemingly have trouble with this. Even an
implicit assertion of notability is fine: "Barry is one of the main
characters on Neighbours." - if Neighbours looks notable, then Barry
is presumably notable.

(whether a separate article about each character is appropriate is a
separate issue)

Steve