[WikiEN-l] Handling unreferenced but likely-valid material

Bryan Derksen bryan.derksen at shaw.ca
Thu Nov 30 00:54:55 UTC 2006

David Gerard wrote:
> Every time I hit an article without references, sources or even
> external links listed, I put an unref tag on it.

That's long been my habit too, but I've actually started skipping that
in some cases now that I've had some unpleasant experiences with
articles going up for deletion on the basis of WP:RS. If the article
looks reasonable enough to me but hard to reference within a five-day
deadline I don't consider it worth the risk.

I still do {{citation needed}} when I hit statements that seem dubious,
though, since that seems less likely to bring ruin on the article as a
whole.