[WikiEN-l] Handling unreferenced but likely-valid material

Stan Shebs stanshebs at earthlink.net
Wed Nov 29 16:35:52 UTC 2006

David Gerard wrote:
> On 29/11/06, Gregory Maxwell <gmaxwell at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> Although I think we'd gain more through more agressive approaches, the
>> liberal application of an unref notice would at least give much of
>> wikipedia the work-in-progress look that it deserves.
>>

> Every time I hit an article without references, sources or even
> external links listed, I put an unref tag on it.

Yep, and when it's one of my older efforts, written before the days when
referencing was expected, I then go and dig through my library to figure
*how* I knew what I knew. In a couple cases I had to delete some bits
because I simply couldn't come up with any evidence that it wasn't just
my own imaginings.

Stan