[WikiEN-l] "Reliable sources" guideline being treated as absolute policy

Guy Chapman aka JzG guy.chapman at spamcop.net
Wed Nov 29 20:35:43 UTC 2006

On Wed, 29 Nov 2006 20:30:47 +0000, <charles.r.matthews at ntlworld.com>
wrote:

>> Absence of any claim to validity is what is at issue, and the
>> absence of any sources is one of the diagnostic factors.  very few
>> sourced articles are flagged for A7.

>Oh, some are, you know. I had a worry about this yesterday, writing
>about a historian who was at the College de France. What if some admin
>has no idea whether this is an 'assertion of notability' or not? I'm
>not going to demean myself by adding 'the world-famous and prestigious
>academic institution in Paris'. But I do wonder whether some people
>would think I should, in order to be asserting a bit louder.

Hopefully a link to the article on the College de France would be
sufficient.  But you will note that I didn't say *no* sourced articles
are flagged for A7.  There are several articles I've written where I'm
conscious that they are on the borders of what might be considered
notable.  Mind you, those are the ones where I tend to make most
effort to establish notability, in case some heartless deletionist
like me gets wind of them...

Guy (JzG)
--
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk