[WikiEN-l] "Reliable sources" guideline being treated as absolute policy

charles.r.matthews at ntlworld.com charles.r.matthews at ntlworld.com
Wed Nov 29 20:30:47 UTC 2006

Guy Chapman aka JzG wrote

> Absence of any claim to validity is what is at issue, and the
> absence of any sources is one of the diagnostic factors.  very few
> sourced articles are flagged for A7.

Oh, some are, you know. I had a worry about this yesterday, writing about a historian who was at the College de France. What if some admin has no idea whether this is an 'assertion of notability' or not? I'm not going to demean myself by adding 'the world-famous and prestigious academic institution in Paris'. But I do wonder whether some people would think I should, in order to be asserting a bit louder.

Charles