[WikiEN-l] Systemic bias wrt gender

charles.r.matthews at ntlworld.com charles.r.matthews at ntlworld.com
Sun Nov 26 12:39:37 UTC 2006

"David Gerard" wrote

> I suspect our solution to systemic bias in article coverage will be to
> bring in people interested in those subjects. Because they complain
> the most about the lack of coverage.

Correct, to the extent that 'equilibrium' is that the topic coverage is balanced in the same way as the interests of the community. On the other hand, WP is not in equilibrium, has never been in equilibrium, and (if ever in some sort of equilibrium) would become a quite different animal.

We basically started with a 'stub' of a really comprehensive encyclopedia. Respect for stubbiness as a state is the tribute we pay to comprehension of the non-equilibrium nature of the 'management' issues.

Charles