[WikiEN-l] "Fair use" images of living people

Gregory Maxwell gmaxwell at gmail.com
Thu Nov 16 01:56:19 UTC 2006

> I generaly get round this by pointing out all the things that are
> technicaly fair use even in free images.

"Incidental inclusion" .. not quite the same.
The germans have "right of panorama".

"Look at all the unavoidable copyrighted work in this free image"
attractive argument at the surface but most people find holes.. either
they point out that an incidental inclusion is something else
entirely, or they decide that you're arguing that true infringement is
unavoidable thus we shouldn't worry about it. :)