[WikiEN-l] Sourcing "popular culture" items

Matthew Brown morven at gmail.com
Thu Nov 9 22:31:38 UTC 2006

> The bios of people on such shows are PR puffery at its worst.  Only the most basic
> facts can be considered true, I think.

In some ways, best handled by treating such bios in classic NPOV
fashion - 'According to the show's website, <person> ...'

These biographies are probably semi-fiction, but in some ways should
be handled like pro-wrestlers' official biographies - important in the
context of the fictional character they play, but should be separated
from the real-life person.

-Matt