[WikiEN-l] Bad And Wrong Policy/Procedure/Guideline Hitlist

geni geniice at gmail.com
Sun Nov 5 21:43:22 UTC 2006

> The one difference between these two topics is that Pokémon is a fairly
> recent phenomenon, and it's easier to confine all that could be
> reasonably said about it.

Fan faction could potentialy make that problimatical.

> Porn has been around much longer to the point
> that some would even consider the Book of Ruth in the Bible to be
> pornographic.  This makes it a lot more difficult to determine what porn
> is notable.  None of us would exist without sex, and that could have the
> effect that naming someone's parents is inherently pornographic. :-)
> Even I would admit that simply saying that someone had sex is not
> normally notable, but having sex publicly or on film could alter that
> parameter.

There is an industry with awards and journalists writeing about it.
This means there is information that tends to be fairly availible that
we can cite. There are secondary sources. This gives us a starting
point to work from. Pokemon once you get outside the big obvious stuff
seems to be rather short of cites.

> I'm glad to see you mellowing with age.

Never.

> That's sad.  As flaky as the leaves may seem they owe their life to the
> roots.

But inevitable. There is a difference between editing an article that
will only be read by tens of people and editing an article that will
be read by tens of thousands.

--
geni