[WikiEN-l] Bad And Wrong Policy/Procedure/Guideline Hitlist

Earle Martin wikipedia at downlode.org
Sat Nov 4 22:01:54 UTC 2006

On 03/11/06, Phil Sandifer <Snowspinner at gmail.com> wrote:
> [[WP:RFA]], which, like notability, lacks any consensus anymore on
> what the overall standards should be, and has thus degenerated into
> utter madness.

Seconded, of course, because it leads to some over-keen individuals
creating loony things like [[Wikipedia:Admin school]]. I had the
displeasure to just discover this prime example of instruction creep,
which begins:

"Prerequisites and required reading...
1000 edits on Wikipedia encyclopedia articles and/or lists
1000 edits in the Wikipedia and/or Help namespace
Familiarity with Help:Contents, 2-levels deep
Familiarity with Wikipedia:Contents, 3-levels deep
Familiarity with Wikipedia:Department directory, 2-levels deep."

(I'd never even heard of [[Wikipedia:Contents]] before, let alone
[[Wikipedia:Department directory]].)

RfA seems to have assumed a near-cult-like status with a certain group
of people, and has developed a toxic culture that is spreading
outwards to choke other areas, much like kudzu. It needs to be killed
at the root.

--
Earle Martin
            http://downlode.org/