[WikiEN-l] Bad And Wrong Policy/Procedure/Guideline Hitlist

Bryan Derksen bryan.derksen at shaw.ca
Sat Nov 4 02:13:24 UTC 2006

Phil Sandifer wrote:
> [[WP:FA]] and to a lesser extent [[WP:GA]], which, like RFA, suffer
> from such a wildly disparate set of standards that the process of
> passing them is more a process of politics than of actual quality.

Fortunately, unlike the rest of the problematic policies and guidelines
you mention it's easy and harmless to just do what I do and ignore the
entire concept. I don't care whether articles I work on get the little
star sticker or not, improvements to an article are worth making purely
for their own sake.

I do the same thing with "stub sorting" these days. I added a bit of CSS
to my skin to make stub templates vanish from my sight and let other
editors waste their time as they see fit. :)