[WikiEN-l] Bad And Wrong Policy/Procedure/Guideline Hitlist

Phil Sandifer Snowspinner at gmail.com
Fri Nov 3 21:35:26 UTC 2006

[[WP:DRV]]. Allegedly set up to hear procedural cases, it has become
a court of appeal whereby procedure is considered sporadically, and
more often, where decisions that are unpopular among the main clique
that watches DRV get overturned with no further chance of appeal. It
has become one of the worst examples of a de facto committee on en,
and is far past the point where any of its decisions should be
considered binding.

All of our notability guidelines, which fit together to provide a
completely ludicrous overall picture. (It's far easier to get onto
Wikipedia as a pornographic actor than as a webcartoonist. Or, if you
want to ) These are a mess of kludges created to sort out a momentary
instance where six or seven articles of a given topic got AfDed in a
short time period, leading to a guideline, usually written primarily
by the people who wanted the articles deleted. We have, meanwhile, no
generalizable criteria for notability, and thus no useful end in
sight for these guidelines.

[[WP:RFA]], which, like notability, lacks any consensus anymore on
what the overall standards should be, and has thus degenerated into
utter madness.

[[WP:FA]] and to a lesser extent [[WP:GA]], which, like RFA, suffer
from such a wildly disparate set of standards that the process of
passing them is more a process of politics than of actual quality.

[[WP:RS]] still stands, due to the lack of passage of [[WP:ATT]].
It's still as big a problem as ever.

Best,
Phil Sandifer
sandifer at english.ufl.edu

You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a
boarded front door. There is a small mailbox here.