[WikiEN-l] Hello

charles.r.matthews at ntlworld.com charles.r.matthews at ntlworld.com
Tue Dec 12 22:17:05 UTC 2006

Puppy wrote

> It seems to me a good point
> has been made - if you want all suicides, then having to traverse all
> subcats is tedious, to say the least.

I have occasionally wanted this feature: flatten out all subcategories of something into a list. I hope we see it.

That does not mean that I want [[Category:Mathematics]] to consist of 15000 pages. How would that help anyone? I have actually done work, on [[Category:Set theory]] (where I was thanked) and [[Category:Fluid dynamics]] (perhaps unnoticed) on getting useful subcategories; which then can sit inside two or more higher-level categories. This all adds to the convenience of the user. It is quite a good idea, in many cases, to consider splitting categories which have gone 'over the page'.

Charles