[WikiEN-l] The AfD saga

Tony Sidaway f.crdfa at gmail.com
Fri Sep 30 15:42:21 UTC 2005

Actually I don't think it can be fixed. I am convinced that it could be
safely wound down provided a procedure for dealing with hoax/unverifiable
articles was instituted along the same lines as
Wikipedia:Copyright_Problems.

Or we could leave it as it is. It's only processing an average of 112
articles a day (based on a recent 3-month survey) and only around 70-80% of
those are deleted. This is piddling compared to our site growth figures and
utterly dwarfed by the immensity of the existing database. So it's no more
effective at whatever it is people think it's for than if we had a script to
randomly delete 100 smallish articles with low edit counts every day