[WikiEN-l] WTF? Is it suddenly OK to ignore consensus on AfD?

Stephen Bain stephen.bain at gmail.com
Sun Sep 25 05:51:41 UTC 2005

On 9/25/05, Bryan Derksen <bryan.derksen at shaw.ca> wrote:

> In the meantime, though, I've checked the VfD in question:
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Crescent_Park_Elementary_School
> and it appears that the basic complaint is true - this was clearly _not_
> a consensus to delete. It's very clear that it isn't, too, since as
> pointed out there's actually a clear majority of votes for keep/merge
> versus delete. I'm putting this on VfU, but really, I think this should
> be a speedy undelete.

While I don't necessarily agree with the decision (I think there was
no consensus either way), one can see how some of the votes might have
been given greater weight than others. For example:

"Keep, we winning the fight aginst school deletionism."
"Keep. I heard from Aranda56 that we needed more votes for this article."
"Keep I heard from Radman's sisters' aunts' brothers' cousins'
girlfriends' sister that this needed to be kept!"
"Keep."

--
Stephen Bain
stephen.bain at gmail.com