[WikiEN-l] WTF? Is it suddenly OK to ignore consensus on AfD?

Bryan Derksen bryan.derksen at shaw.ca
Sun Sep 25 06:22:15 UTC 2005

Oskar Sigvardsson wrote:

>Even so, you really should have tried to communicate with him before
>taking it too the list. I agree that the decision is totally absurd,
>but you should let him defend himself first. And if he does, as you
>suggest he will, ignore/blank you, you will have more ammo for a
>discussion.

Okay, he should have tried talking to Neutrality first.

In the meantime, though, I've checked the VfD in question:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Crescent_Park_Elementary_School
and it appears that the basic complaint is true - this was clearly _not_
a consensus to delete. It's very clear that it isn't, too, since as
pointed out there's actually a clear majority of votes for keep/merge
versus delete. I'm putting this on VfU, but really, I think this should
be a speedy undelete.