[WikiEN-l] AfD Threshold being Revised Downward Again?

Ryan Delaney ryan.delaney at gmail.com
Tue Sep 20 20:03:48 UTC 2005

On 9/20/05, Tony Sidaway <f.crdfa at gmail.com> wrote:

> We should speedily delete obvious rubbish, and we do.

No, we don't. A ton of obvious rubbish must be sent to AfD because it's not
covered by the CSD. Band vanity is the most obvious example, but there are
many others, such as: neologisms, corporate vanity, personal essays/rants.
No one can give any good reason why these should be deliberated upon, but
they are, all in the name of making sure we never, ever delete a good
article by accident; even if that means making editors who could be using
their time to write articles deliberate on the merits of garbage.

- Ryan